Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Organization Craftiness

Wednesday night, home alone. I have some naan bread and chicken curry from Trader Joe's waiting to be eaten, but I'm not hungry yet.

I think to myself, hey you should stitch up some more lockets to put in the etsy shop. I pull down my box of embroidery floss (and other various tools) and decide it is time to put an end to this madness.
2011-04-06 floss 005

I started wrapping the floss colors around my fingers but quickly realized they would all get tangled super soon. Matthew was in the midst of hacking his new ipad cover to fit the old ipad and it dawned on me, I can hack some stuff too!

I grabbed an empty beer six pack box and cut it up into little cardboard trapezoid shape thingies to wind my floss around!

I put on Amelie mainly because I wanted to hear the lovely music and thought it would keep me from getting bored while wrapping and wrapping and wrapping floss. It had been so long since I watched the movie that I found myself actually watching it more than I had planned so this took probably twice as long as it should have.

2011-04-06 floss 007
I didn't get any stitching done tonight, but I did get all my floss neatly organized and it makes me happy. I don't know why it took me so long!

ooooh rainbowy!
2011-04-06 floss 009

Do you have any crafty organizational projects to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment